Monday, July 8, 2013

Manor House & Maggie Holmes Inspiration

Hello everyone,

Happy Monday to you all :)) Back to school and kindy today for my little boys...we loved the holidays, they went too quick but its good to be back into routine again.

Last month I got the urge to scrap again...its been a while where I have actually enjoyed what I was doing.  So I cracked open my huge box of newly released Manor House flowers and some Maggie Holmes Crate Paper and scrapped up a storm.

Here is my first layout....

Even tho we don't know whether we are having a boy or a girl I couldn't help but use the beautiful array of pink flowers that Manor House sent me for this layout.  They have some new vines in a few different colours and they are my absolute all time favourite!

"12 weeks"


Love the colour combo here of pinks, limes and turquoise.  Most of the flowers on this layout are new but I have also teamed them up with a few from previous releases. Spot the Rainbow Splendor felt butterflies :)


Sigh...the goose feathers are simply stunning...so soft and delicate.  This inspired me to create a few little "falling" feathers from vellum to add to my layout especially with that little birdie sitting in my flower cluster..

 
 
I have framed my scan photo with a Melissa Frances frame which has been sitting in my drawer for far too long.
 




Next is a layout I created where I didn't have a plan to start with, just started with a background of gesso and Shimmerz mist and went for it.  Yes me and pink on boy layouts...strange aren't I!!! :))

"Love you so Much"



This time I focused more on the new Ornate Frames that Manor House recently released.  I chopped a couple in half and used them as a scallop under and on top of my photo.


Love this super sweet pic of my boys, they are the light of my life :))



Well I have a couple more creations using the yummy Crate Paper by Maggie Holmes but I will leave them for another post.

I have simply LOVED working with this paper range, in fact I only have a few scraps left!

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit me.
Have a beautiful week
Hugs
Min xo

 

12 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the feather, the flowers ... just everything is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A MAY ZING!!! :-) :-) These papers are gorgeous :-) ... you have used them splendidly!! Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the Rainbow Splendour mini butterflies there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo these are so lovely, those flowers are stunning.. love your back grounds too.. take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Min!! I love the falling feathers and your design :) I hope you are feeling well, yes back to school and kindy for us too.....I too thought the holidays went too quick, I was quite enjoying my sleep ins...hehe!! Hugs, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layouts, love the colours. congats on new bubba :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. both of these are TOTALLY AMAZING MIN.... the feathers are FANTASTIC in your first layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing layouts. I love the mist and sequins together with the feather in the first one. And the new flowers look yummy!! Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how exciting...and your pages is just awesome too... i wish you all the best take good care!

    ReplyDelete